HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer got the name due to its all-round capability to print, scan, copy and fax. Moreover, 123.hp.com/officejet pro 6978 connects to your computer quickly through WiFi, Ethernet cable, or via USB to provide top-quality printouts. In fact, you can print directly from your mobile using HP Smart app or connecting the printer via WiFi direct setup.
If you are looking out for a reliable solution to Connect HP officejet pro 6978 printer to your computer (Windows or Mac) then fortunately you have landed in a right place. This quick setup guide covers all the insights to complete the printer-computer connection process.
Quick steps to prepare your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to connect to a computer
Before printer, computer setup you need to follow some initial rituals. It will help your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 to quickly connect with the computer.
- Ensure to completely unpack your printer: No packaging material to be left inside.
- Maintain devices, proximity: Router, computer, and HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 should be placed nearby. Maintain at least 5 feet distance between the devices without any network barrier
- The router signal should be stable: Make sure your router is working well and having sufficient bandwidth. Restarting your router before setup brings good results.
- Use personal SSID network: HP printers face trouble connecting on the public networks. You should always connect it to the private network.
- Use the same network for printer and computer: Make sure that you are connecting your computer and printer over the same WiFi network. Choosing a different network won’t let your printer to print.
- Install the latest HP OJ 6978 driver: Drivers are an essential piece of software to help your printer to communicate with a computer to understand the print command and deliver the output. You can get the drivers and firmware update from the 123.hp.com/officejetpro6978 printer.
Steps to setup HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 to system
Now, as your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, computer and router are fully geared up to deliver the max output, it’s time to start connecting them. Here is how to do it.
Step 1. Connect HP officejet pro 6978 printer to your computer to the main supply, press the power button on your printer, and let it be ready to setup.
Step 2. Insert the paper stack in the feeder tray. Do not over stuff it and place the limited number of sheets to avoid paper jamming while printing.
Step 3. Install the ink cartridges in the desired slots. While unpacking the cartridges, do not touch the copper contacts and never leave them open in the atmosphere. Ensure to remove the orange color safety tape from the nozzle before installing. Insert the cartridges as per color coding on the slots.
Step 4. Make sure your system or computer is turned on, is active, and running well. Also, you should update your Windows to the latest version to avoid incompatibility issues with the printer software.
Step 5. Navigate to the Settings menu, get into Printers and Scanners and click Add a Printer or Scanner.
Step 6. Now your computer will start looking out for the printers around and after detecting an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, the name should appear on the system’s screen.
Step 7. The next step is to follow the on-screen instructions to Download and Install HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer drivers for Windows PC on your system. You need to keep checking for the new drivers once every three months to enhance your printer’s productivity.
Step 8. Once done with installing the drivers, click Add Device button.
Step 9. Now get the WPS pin from your HP officejet 6978 printer, enter it on your system and click Next to finish the printer setup.
Challenges you may face while connecting HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to PC (Solutions)
Problem 1. Your computer is not detecting 123.hp.com/setup officeJet6978 printer
.Solution 1. There could be several reasons that prevent your printer to connect to your computer. Here are some troubleshooting measures that work well to fix it.
- Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it. Ensure the cable is good and not frayed at least.
- Always connect the USB cable when prompted by your PC.
- Make sure the network is stable, high-speed, and having sufficient bandwidth.
- You might be connecting your printer and computer over a separate wireless network. Get them connected to a common WiFi network to fix the problem.
Problem 2. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer shows offline even when a router is actively responsive.
Solution 2. An offline HP OfficeJet 6978 pro printer is a quite common problem that can prevent your printer from delivering printouts or debar it from responding to your commands. Follow the below instructions to fix it.
- Choose your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer as a default device under the Printers and Scanners section.
- Make sure the Use Printer Offline option is not chosen in Printer settings.
- Restart the router to bring it back to the live state.
- Clear the pending and failed print jobs in the Print Queues to get rid of the problem.
Facing any trouble connecting HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to the PC? Call The Experts Now
Connecting HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to the computer will be an enjoyable moment, only when you do it the right way. Or else this will become the nastiest and time-consuming process. If you need any sort of assistance for HP Printer Support 1-800-673-8163 or have any query regarding the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer setup, you can connect with us on the HP support helpline number. Our services are available 24/7 to assist you.